Monday, February 3, 2014

Lazy Monday

Man has this been a crazy weekend or what? Saturday started out perfect, as it was 70 that day, and after a January filled with snow storms and icky cold, it was great to get out of the house, roll the windows down and just enjoy Mother Nature. The kids & I joined my mother for a fun adventure to a local flea market and it was so exciting. I am totally a deal seeking kind of girl, so the flea market was the perfect way to itch my yard sale bug. I spend every weekend in the summer driving around and looking for deals. I don't know if I am the only one, but I just get generally interested in looking at other peoples things. Anyways, the flea market was a huge success. I found an amazing deal of an Origami Owl necklace, with 7 charms for just $45. I also scored some Beats by Dr. Dre for just $10 brand new.


After the fun at the market, we located up on some Taco Bell and made our way home only to be surprised by this amazing rainbow, which seemed to pop our of nowhere, again a wonderful surprise. 

Sunday, as we all know, was the Super Bowl. Unfortunately my phone got misplaced so I wasn't able to snap of pictures. Regardless, my mama and I whipped up some delicious beer weinies, a cheese ball, and a delicious pizza which were quickly gobbled up. Though my Patriots didn't make it the the big game, it was exciting the watch. I am not a big fan of Peyton Manning, so to watch the Sea Hawks win was pretty nice, plus they worked very hard, made some good calls and took the big win home.

So here I am today, still in PJ's at 4:30 pm, but I have the cutest little girl beside me cuddled up so I couldn't resist just hanging back and watching cartoons all day. I never really post much about my day to day life, but I am going to make it a point to allow my readers to get to know me on a more personal level. I'm a very private person, but this will help me open up more and be more personable with my amazing readers. Though this is a fashion based blog, it does get boring at times to find inspiration of new posts to bring. Between this and the few freelance jobs I have been working on lately, its really had my mind of the fritz. 



So far so good on this day though, though my OCD has had me doing more cleaning than relaxing, its still nice to focus my attention on other things. This evening is going great, I have my famous lasagna in the oven and it smells great. Don't tell but I cheat, I take a pre cooked lasagna from the freezer isle at the grocery store and just pop it into a pyrex dish to bake, no one has caught on yet so I always love to bask in the fake glory of my lasagna skills. I can't wait to see my fiance' later, he has been working so much lately that I don't get to see him as often as I like. On top of my blog, my kids and my writing jobs, I need to start making time to plan a wedding.



I love planning events for other people, but have found it nearly impossible to find anything I really like for myself, even Pinterest fails to give me inspiration, but hopefully after a nice weekend getaway, which I hope to take soon, I can get my batteries recharged and get on top of everything. 

That's all I have to rumble about for now, but as you can see I'm just an everyday girl like most of you. I've also been doing some camera shopping so be on the look out for some new outfit posts (I know its been forever). 







No comments:

Post a Comment