Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: A Year In Review


The year 2013 has definitely been a whirlwind for me. As I sit in my room reflecting on its significance, only bad things come to mind. This is unusual for me because I am a positive, glass half full type of person who can find good in something bad, who can learn a lesson from a mistake, and who will become a stronger person from overcoming any obstacle life has to throw at me. Honestly, this year has been physically and emotionally draining in my opinion. I'm not only referring to my personal struggles, but it seems to me others have gone through many tragedies as well. Ones that I couldn't even begin to imagine going through. The strength of such people is amazing, and what is even more amazing is the fact that others are truly willing to reach out with love, kindness, and overall support in general. It is humbling to know that there are still good people out there willing to make a difference in someone's life. I guess that may be the beauty of living in a tight-knit community where friends become more like family.   

Throughout this year, I have come into realization that life is not always full of  Giovanni's pizza, sunshine, and flowers. To get the rainbow, you have to endure the rain. Selfishly, I often think "Where's my damn rainbow?" lol My point is, everyone has a mental picture of how their life is supposed to be, and when things don't go exactly as expected, disappointment is inevitable. I am very guilty of being a "white picket fencer". Is that even a word? I also drive myself crazy with "what ifs." What if scenario A would have happened instead of B? How would that have impacted my life and future? I need to get it in my head that I can't control everything. Things happen, good and bad. Life is not fair, but it's life. I've been telling myself lately "Thy will be done." I honestly believe that God has a master plan for everyone, however, it's not going to be written out for us with a fresh new Sharpie. We have the ability to fill out the blank pages of our life's story as each day passes, and that is a blessing. Not knowing is beautiful! So in 2014, I am going to roll with the punches and not let a few bumps in the road hold me back. Bring on the good, bad, and ugly! I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Much love to all of my friends and family!






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Krysti!!
    I agree with the whole "Where's the damn rainbow" aspect, haha. I love how you described being able to write our own pages, as ours isn't already written down in fresh sharpie.

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Harlynn! Happy New Year (:

    ReplyDelete