Sunday, January 13, 2013

DIY Galaxy Skirt


Hi Guys! 
I wanna share the mini project I did the other day (making a cosmic/galactic/universal/nebular print on a  black asymmetric skirt that I have ). Since it is such a trend right now in the fashion world a piece of it would be a nice addition to my wardrobe. I looked up the prices on these cosmic print clothing but the prices are just too expensive so I did a little research on how to make my own cosmic piece.
What you need:
  • Bleach in a spray bottle (make sure the bottle is fully cleaned before putting in the bleach)
  • Fabric Spray Paint (any will do, I used Art Minds from Micheal’s for $15)
  • Skirt preferably (asymmetric ones and made of cotton, If you don’t have anything at home go to a thrift store and get one for like 2 dollars 



Lay out on cardboard or paper as to not make a mess or spread stains.


spray the bleach in corner you want the spiral print to be concentrated, then sprinkle or splash a little bit of bleach all over the skirt to create some stars. Do this again on the back of the skirt. (bleach reaction on cotton skirt should occur in 5-10 seconds.)


Spray the PURPLE paint around the bleached area. Then spray the GREEN paint around the Dark spots of the skirt.


Spray the YELLOW paint in the middle of the bleached circles.


Spray the YELLOW paint in the middle of the bleached circles.


Hang and let dry!

I really love the new galaxy trend, but alot of the pieces are of high cost, so just cut corners and get creative!!








No comments:

Post a Comment